Charlotte Public Schools
At Charlotte Apartments, we understand the importance of education in today's
society. Parents want nothing more than to place their children in schools where
they know their children will be in good hands. Especially when moving to a new
area, parents want to make sure that there are appropriate schools nearby.
Researching specific needs and wants for their children's education is the first
step that any moving parent should take. A simple phone call to the school's
district will answer most of your questions, but not all. Some cases may require
a visit to a counselor who is more than willing to help a parent find the right
education and school for their kids. The internet is also a very useful source
for information regarding ANYTHING related to your child's education. Here is a
link to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website.
The vision is to ensure that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools becomes the
premier urban, integrated school system in the nation in which all
students acquire the knowledge, skills and values necessary to live rich
and full lives as productive and enlightened members of society.
- 95% of all students in grades 3, 5 and 8 will perform on grade
level (Level 3 or 4) in reading and mathematics.
- 50% of students in grades 3, 5 and 8 will perform at Level 4 in
reading and mathematics.
- 95% of all students in grades 4, 7 and 10 will perform on grade
level in writing.
- 60% of students leaving the eighth grade will earn at least a
Level 3 on the Algebra I End-of-Course test.
- 50% of all graduates will complete at least one Advanced Placement
or International Baccalaureate course, and 75% of those students will
perform at the level required for college credit (a level 3 or above
for AP exams and a level 4 or above on IB exams).
- Disparity based on race, ethnicity and socio-economic status will
be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures.
- Average SAT scores will meet or exceed the national average.
- 40 percent of students with disabilities will earn a regular high
Safe and Orderly Environment
- 95% of respondents on an annual survey will indicate they feel
safe at school, believe students are well behaved, and indicate they
know the rules for appropriate behavior and consequences for any
- 100% of schools will score at or above 85% on the safe school
- 100% of schools will improve parent contact by using multiple
methods to communicate individually and directly with parents.
- The number of partnerships and volunteer programs designed to meet
specific district goals will increase by 20%.
- 100% of schools will be at standard for programs and resources.
Efficient and Effective Support Operations
- Support services will be delivered on time, on budget, and with
quality at or above the expectation of the school-based customer.
- Respect the views of others - listen to understand.
- Understand the value each person brings to the team - each person is
- Value collaboration and group ownership.
- Maintain a united front - support team decisions.
- Look out for each other - anticipate the needs of others and help.
- Have fun; share levity and friendship.
- Communicate openly, honestly, directly, professionally and
- Keep the promises you make.
- Be consistent in words and actions.
- Communicate where you are going and why.
- Provide the opportunity for each person to speak and interact.
- State the purpose of your communication: to inform, get input, or to
get help on making a decision.
- Coach others for success by providing direction, acting as a sounding
board, touching base frequently and helping others find their own
Achievement of Goals
- Fourth goal: Support schools so students can achieve.
- Establish clear goals, check points, feedback loops and monitoring
- Celebrate successes!
The proof is in the doing!
Source from Charlotte Public Schools
Charlotte Schools |
Apartment Search Tips |
Local Phone Numbers |
Charlotte Utilities |
Apartment Rent Tips
Hunter's Check List |
Apartment Moving Tips |
Apartment Packing Tips |
Apartment Moving Day
Charlotte Restaurants |
Charlotte Newspapers |
Contact Us |
© Copyright 2001 - 2013 All Rights Reserved.
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing law. (Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).Some of the content on on this website has been secured from outside sources. We believe it to be reliable, however, we make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied , as to the accurrent Rental information is subject to change with or without prior notification.